Twice-Baked Potatoes with Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms, Bacon, Cheese and Rosemary
Recipe by FoodPornDaily
Mushroom Bacon Ragout with Pasta (Serves 6)
Recipe by steenae:
- 4 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) cremini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) white mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- Shaved Parmesan, for garnish (optional)
- In a large 5-quart saucepan with a tight-fitting lid (that will be used later), cook bacon over medium heat, uncovered, stirring until crispy, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel to drain. Set aside.
- Add onion; stir until golden, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms; cover. Cook until juices have evaporated, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, thyme, and 2 cups water until combined; cover. Cook until sauce has thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in parsley and vinegar. Add bacon, reserving some for garnish, if desired.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and return to pot.
- To serve, toss pasta with ragout. Garnish with reserved bacon and shaved Parmesan, if desired.
Adapted from everyday food’s mushroom ragout with pasta
Bacon and Mushroom Hash Brown Breakfast
Recipe from Pillsbury.com
Market fresh bacon, smoked turkey, caramelized onions and mushrooms in a maple-soy glaze with fresh cilantro, steamed rice and, of course, a fried egg.
-Submitted by Elizabeth-Catherine
Shiitake and Bacon Alfredo