Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Perfect for your Christmas get-together!
Recipe by ilovpork.com
Bacon Breakfast Cookies
Recipe by Macheesmo.com
This is how we should start our day every day
Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Courtesy of Cathy at Noble Pig
- 5 strips maple smoked bacon (8 strips if you want extra to sprinkle on the cookie)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon maple extract
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and cooked through. Drain on a paper-towel lined plate and chop finely.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars; about three minutes. Add egg and maple extract and beat until just blended. Add the dry ingredients; beat until just incorporated and the flour is dissolved. Stir in the chocolate chips, walnuts and bacon.
- Drop one large Tablespoon of cookie dough 2-3 inches apart. Make sure you only do about 6 cookies on a sheet. If they spread and touch each other, you will have a mess. Bake 10-12 minutes in a 350˚ oven only until the edges are brown and slightly soft in the center. Let them finish cooking out of the oven, on the pan. The edges will get too dark if you leave them in the oven. Transfer to a wire rack and let completely cool.
*Also, I made 3 extra pieces of bacon so I would have enough to sprinkle on the top of the cookie dough. I also pressed in some extra chocolate chips too. This is completely optional.
Bacon-Shaped Butter Cookies
Click-through for instructions.
I made bacon cookies!
They sound really strange, look really gross…but don’t worry, they’re just weird. Weirder still, they’re actually pretty good.
The original recipe blog I used was removed, but here’s a similar one if you feel like livin la vida loca.
via brittanyyb: soulgarden: rissahey