Cheese Tortellini with Bacon, Arugula and Browned Butter
Recipe by realsimple.com
I didn’t have a whole pound of tortellini (I had a 9oz package) so I played with it. I used a LOT less butter (maybe a little more than 1 teaspoon, I just used whatever was left on the tray) and I used salted so I didn’t need to add the extra salt. I put arugula in until it looked like enough, which turned out to not be enough. I would probably add more pepper next time too, but over all it was really simple, didn’t take a long time, and was delicious.
Would you eat this?
You had me at “bacon”
Bacon-Wrapped Saltimbocca di Pollo with Risso di Arugula and Balsamic Glaze
photo by Regine David
Acorn Squash Pizza with Bacon, Shallot Confit, Taleggio, Arugula & Aged Balsamic
Basic Pizza Dough Ingredients:
- 4 cups all purpose flour, plus additional for kneading
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
Method for the pizza dough:
- 1 small acorn squash, seeded & sliced
- 15 shallots, peeled & thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & black pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 8 ounces Manchego
- 1 Tallegio cheese, cut in thick slices
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 25 years old Balsamic (optional)
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in 1 1/2 cup warm water.
- Whisk 2 cups of flour and the olive oil and cover with a damp cloth. Set aside in a warm place until doubled (bout 1 hour).
- Stir in the remaining flour and the salt and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth. It’s a good work-out! Let the dough rest for 20 minutes before rolling out or refrigerate.
Method for the pizza:
- In a medium pan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil and add the sliced shallots. Season with salt and pepper and cook slowly, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Cool before using.
- Drizzle the acorn squash slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until tender at 375′F
- Place a pizza stone inside the oven and increase heat to 450′F.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface, spread out the shallots, bacon, acorn squash, manchego, tallegio and slide the pizza on the pizza stone, bake until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes. Top with baby arugula and drizzle with olive oil, aged balsamic and some black pepper.
Bacon, Arugula, & Heirloom Tomato Sandwich on Sourdough Swirl Bread
Arugula, Bacon, and Gruyère Bread Pudding
Click-through for recipe.