Mushroom Bacon Ragout with Pasta (Serves 6)
Recipe by steenae:
- 4 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) cremini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) white mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- Shaved Parmesan, for garnish (optional)
- In a large 5-quart saucepan with a tight-fitting lid (that will be used later), cook bacon over medium heat, uncovered, stirring until crispy, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel to drain. Set aside.
- Add onion; stir until golden, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms; cover. Cook until juices have evaporated, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, thyme, and 2 cups water until combined; cover. Cook until sauce has thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in parsley and vinegar. Add bacon, reserving some for garnish, if desired.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and return to pot.
- To serve, toss pasta with ragout. Garnish with reserved bacon and shaved Parmesan, if desired.
Adapted from everyday food’s mushroom ragout with pasta
Cheese Tortellini with Bacon, Arugula and Browned Butter
Recipe by realsimple.com
I didn’t have a whole pound of tortellini (I had a 9oz package) so I played with it. I used a LOT less butter (maybe a little more than 1 teaspoon, I just used whatever was left on the tray) and I used salted so I didn’t need to add the extra salt. I put arugula in until it looked like enough, which turned out to not be enough. I would probably add more pepper next time too, but over all it was really simple, didn’t take a long time, and was delicious.
Would you eat this?
You had me at “bacon”
Rachel Ray’s “Walnuts, Ham and cheese… Oh My!”
photo by danhacker:
Jess made this recipe the other night and regardless of the silly ass recipe title, it was damn good. Look closely, it’s packed with bacon!
Shiitake and Bacon Alfredo
Penne in Sweet Potato Cream Sauce with Bacon
Recipe by The Cooking Photographer
Spaghetti with Tomato & Bacon
Cook the spaghetti in boiling, salted water until ‘al dente’, drain, drizzle with a little olive oil and set aside. Put the rest of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, add the bacon and fry until starting to brown, add the garlic then the tomato paste. Check seasoning and cook for 5-10 minutes. Stir in the herbs and pour the sauce over the pasta, tossing well to coat then serve.
- 250g Spaghetti
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 150g cured bacon cubed
- 1-2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- salt & pepper
- 250g fresh tomato paste
- 8 tbsp fresh herbs such as basil, oregano, marjoram or parsley.
Pasta with Bacon, Peas and Ricotta
Farfalle Pasta with Bacon, Pesto, & Sundried Tomato
Click-through for recipe
photo by Sweet & Saucy