Bacon & Chili Cookies
- 300g (10oz) of plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- 225g (8oz) of unsalted butter
- A pinch of chili powder, our two small fresh chili chopped and seeded
- ½ a cup of cooked bacon and red onion
- ½ a cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 175c (350f gas mark 4), line your two baking sheets with parchment. Pour the flour, baking powder in the sifter and sift into a bowl, add the butter and rub in till it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Know add the chili powder or the bacon, chilli, onion, and parmesan cheese and work the mix till it comes together. Roll the dough between two sheets of parchment to a thickness of 5cm (¼in).
- Take off the top layer of parchment and cut out round shapes or you could cut it in square or triangles, place the cookies onto the baking sheets and bake them for 8 - 10 minutes or until they are golden in colour.
- When there ready take out of the oven and put onto a wire rack to cool, these cookies will store in an airtight container for at least a week, if they last that long.