by Bakon Vodka:
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 large cucumbers
- 3 large avocados
- ¼ c Bakon Vodka
- ½ c ketchup
- ¼ c fresh lemon juice
- 1 c thinly sliced scallions (about 6)
- 2 Tbsp horseradish (or to taste)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper (or 1 tsp Tabasco)
- Poach shrimp in lightly salted water until cooked (about 3-5 minutes). Drain and chill.
- Dice cucumbers and avocados into small chunks (about ½ the size of the shrimp). Skewer shrimp, avocado, and cucumber pieces onto individual toothpicks.
- To make dipping sauce, mix all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve skewers at room temperature on a garnished plate. Place sauce in bowl over ice. Makes about 50 appetizers.
I can’t believe this recipe doesn’t contain any actual bacon. We recommend you add some bacon to your skewers.