Acorn Squash Pizza with Bacon, Shallot Confit, Taleggio, Arugula & Aged Balsamic
Basic Pizza Dough Ingredients:
- 4 cups all purpose flour, plus additional for kneading
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
Method for the pizza dough:
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in 1 1/2 cup warm water.
- Whisk 2 cups of flour and the olive oil and cover with a damp cloth. Set aside in a warm place until doubled (bout 1 hour).
- Stir in the remaining flour and the salt and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth. It’s a good work-out! Let the dough rest for 20 minutes before rolling out or refrigerate.
Method for the pizza:
- In a medium pan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil and add the sliced shallots. Season with salt and pepper and cook slowly, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Cool before using.
- Drizzle the acorn squash slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until tender at 375′F
- Place a pizza stone inside the oven and increase heat to 450′F.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface, spread out the shallots, bacon, acorn squash, manchego, tallegio and slide the pizza on the pizza stone, bake until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes. Top with baby arugula and drizzle with olive oil, aged balsamic and some black pepper.
- cassandralee likes this
- realreason likes this
- hashbrowncult reblogged this from baconbaconbacon
- upyourarchitecture reblogged this from baconbaconbacon and added:
- upyourarchitecture likes this
- angiefu likes this
- dopemarkers likes this
- imamelanie likes this
- baconbaconbacon reblogged this from mistressmay and added:
- mistressmay posted this